How Do I Get There?
The 2022 Texas Bays and Estuaries Meeting will be held at the Patton Marine Science Education Center on the UT Marine Science Institute’s campus in Port Aransas, Texas. The address for driving directions is:
855 East Cotter Ave., Port Aransas, TX 78373
Where to Stay
Holiday Inn Express- TBEM 2022 Host Hotel
- Visit: www.hig.com
- Block code: UTM
- $129.99 per night for standard king, $139.99 per night for double queen suite
- Complimentary amenities include: an outdoor pool, a kiddie pool and a whirlpool, free high-speed internet, and the free, hot Express Start breakfast bar.
Additional hotels, rental houses, and condos are available throughout Port Aransas. Check out the Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce website for additional resources.
Where to Eat
Irie’s Island Food
- 200 W. Avenue G., Port Aransas, TX
- Down-to-earth eatery offering island-inspired food, including a variety of tacos & rice plates and much more!
La Playa Mexican Grille
- 222 Beach Street, Port Aransas TX
- Daily fresh fish specials, Mexican food, 70+ tequilas, and the TexMex that everyone loves!
Virginia’s On the Bay
- 815 Trout Street, Port Aransas TX 78373
- American and seafood cuisines, full bar!
Castaways Seafood and Grill
- 337 N. Alister Street, Port Aransas, TX 78373
- American and seafood cuisines, full bar, indoor/outdoor seating!
- 323 Beach Street, Port Aransas, TX 78373
- The Gaff is a local favorite for good times and good grub. The menu is simple – pizza any way you like it.
Go to the Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce website for information on additional local Restaurants to eat at and support and Things to do.