Bringing people together for a large meeting like Texas Bays and Estuaries can create significant environmental impacts. As professionals in our field, it is important for the Mission-Aransas Reserve and the University of Texas Marine Science Institute to lead by example. The following list highlights the steps we’ve taken to reduce the impact of TBEM 2022:
- Reusable bags for meeting materials
- Reusable nametags
- Limited paper use through duplex printing where possible
- Using materials with as much recycled content as possible
- Providing electronic copies of meeting materials to registered participants
- Email communication with registered participants
- Contracting with local, environmentally responsible vendors whenever possible.